Do your conversations sound like hostile debates or more like spirited discussion between lovers? If the answer is yes, you may need help. Dr. Mann can help you learn to communicate. Better communications can help you regain intimacy, affection, empathy, support, and much more.
Do you say about your spouse. “he doesn’t get me”? Does your spouse say the same about you?
Here are some warning symptoms of a relationship where communication has gone awry:
- You say “I feel…” and your partner says, “No, you don’t”
- Your partner says “I feel…” and you say, “No, you don’t”
- You regularly interrupt each other
- Instead of listening when your spouse is speaking you’re already preparing your rebuttal
Learn to Communicate
Healthy communication can be learned and re-learned. Your relationship may have been derailed by poor communications, or your communications may have been derailed by problems in your relationship, but you can regain love and affection by learning how to communicate better.
In counseling with Dr. Mann, you will:
- Become aware of what sets you off (your personal triggers) and what sets off your spouse
- Become a good listener
- Learn willingness to admit when you are wrong
- Become more open to your spouse and to his or her ideas
Help is Available
Dr. Mann can help you learn how to share your feelings more effectively, and how to listen to each other. You will be able to enjoy each other with infecting the present moment with old hurts. Call today, or fill out the contact form and click Send.